Benefits of Cedar Shake Roofs
Most people don’t think of cedar as a roofing construction material,but it is a terrific siding material for your home’s roof. StyleRoofing has outlined below some of the benefits of having a Cedar Shake roof. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.
Cedar is one of the most durable softwoods, offering excellent noise abatement, insulation, and longevity.
Benefits of Cedar Shake Roofing Material
- Cedar is a very durable softwood offering excellent noise abatement, insulation, and longevity.
- Because of the density, less heat is transported through the wood, keeping heat from escaping in the winter and the cool air from escaping in the summer.
- Cedar wood has a natural acoustic barrier.
- Cedar Shakes comes in a variety of stains and textures.
- Most people choose cedar for it’s beautiful aesthetic style.
- Cedar has natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Trees are a renewable resource, so the use of wood building products is an environmentally friendly choice.
- Cedar naturally resists bugs as well as UV damage.
- Durability: Cedar can withstand storm damage from wind to hail.
- Seasonal winter freezing and thawing will have less of an impact on cedar since it is a natural product.
- Unlike other roofing materials cedar shakes naturally insulate your home thus reducing the amount of energy you need to heat and cool your home throughout the year.
For more questions about Cedar Shakes are right for you, contact the Style Roofing team to set up your Free Roofing Consultation!