Roofing Installers Weigh In On The Benefits of Metal Roofing Systems
As the leading roofing installers in Northern Virginia, Style Roofing has seen metal roofing systems evolve significantly over the years. As a property’s exterior is its first line of defense against the elements, it is essential to choose a roofing system that is not only durable, but strong. Metal roofing systems, available in panels or shingles, are a great choice for a home or business as they are known for being long-lasting and tough during extreme weather.
Here are some reasons why choosing a metal roofing system is beneficial for a property owner:
- While an asphalt roofing system lasts only between 10 and 20 years, a metal roof can last up to 50 years–attesting to its immense durability.
- To fit the needs of the home or business owner, metal roofing systems are available in a wide variety of colors and styles. In fact, it is easy to find metal roofing materials that appear similar to other mediums such as asphalt, slate, tile, and cedar shake.
- Metal roofing installing is energy efficient! Home or business owners who install metal roofs save as much as 40 percent on their energy bills because of the roof’s reflectivity. Additionally, property owners with a metal roofing system that meets the Energy Star requirements are eligible for a federal tax credit!
- Materials that make-up metal roofs have been proved to withstand hail, ice, rain, heavy winds, and even fire. In fact, because of its weather-resistant properties, homeowners’ with metal roofing systems may be eligible for a discount on their home insurance. (Talk to your agent about that one!)
- Installing a metal roofing system is environmentally friendly. While an approximate 20 billion pounds of asphalt shingles end up overflowing in landfills each year, metal roof systems are easily recyclable and greatly reduce consumer waste.
Certainly, there are many options available when choosing a roofing system for a home or business. However, in this green-friendly downward economy, one cannot help but see the benefits of metal roofing systems. Not only do they last for several years, metal roofs save money and help protect not only the property, but those inside it. When it comes to installing a roof on a home or business, metal roofing systems are without-a-doubt a great choice!