Benefits of Windows
Benefits of Window Installation
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, leaky and inefficient windows and other exterior building components account for up to 25% of the average property’s energy bills. Some sources even estimate as high as 40%! Manufacturers of home exterior products have responded with a technological revolution in the last decade, making it now possible to reduce energy cost and save money without sacrificing the property’s appearance and durability.
With nearly two decades in the home improvement industry, Style Roofing knows how stressful high utility bills can be. Rest assured however: nearly everyone can benefit from installing modern energy-efficient windows. Compiling data from our own customer base has found that clients have cut energy costs by nearly 15% after taking advantage of these products. Our experienced Northern VA windows contractors can help guide property owners through the installation process step-by-step, providing the best recommendations for both the property and the budget.
Window Installation is a Smart Investment
Style Roofing understands that replacing all of a property’s windows can be a big financial undertaking. Fortunately, proper window installation is an investment that can pay for itself in just a few years. Here are a few examples:
- Replacing old windows instantly improves the curb appeal and resale value of a property. According to the 2008/09 Cost vs. Value Report (a combined effort by Remodeling magazine and REALTOR® magazine), building owners can expect to recoup about 93% percent for vinyl or wood window replacement.
- Proper window installation reduces heating and/or cooling costs, which will save property owners money on utility bills every year.
- Installing effective, energy-efficient windows can keep the indoor temperature of a building consistent, increasing the overall comfort of those inside the property.
- Adding new windows to a property can allow the owner to qualify for rebates and tax incentives. Homeowners can take advantage of the Federal Energy Tax Credit, which provides up to $1,500 for any efficiency improvements made to their home in the previous year.
- Many ENERGY STAR® qualified windows and skylights have a special coating on the glass that acts like sunscreen for a building. Drapes, wood floors, and even photographs can fade and become discolored after repeated exposure to direct sunlight. Regardless of whether their value is monetary or sentimental, windows can play an important role in preventing belongings from fading or discoloring.